The ICCOPT Steering Committee of the Mathematical Optimization Society (MOS):
is requesting proposals for organizing ICCOPT VII, the Seventh International Conference
on Continuous Optimization, which is scheduled to be held in or around August 2022.
Being the flagship conference of MOS in the area of continuous optimization, ICCOPT
is held every three years at a site to be selected according to the criteria below.
For information about the four prior ones, visit the websites:
- Mikhail Solodov - Chair (IMPA, Rio de Janeiro)
- Coralia Cartis (University of Oxford)
- Maryam Fazel (University of Washington)
- Michael Hintermueller (Weierstrass Institute, Berlin)
- Angelia Nedich (Arizona State University)
- Takashi Tsuchiya (National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Tokyo)
The proposal for organizing ICCOPT VII should include the candidate site and Organizing Committee. Selection criteria for the site are based on the following considerations:
- Existence of continuous-optimization researchers in the proposed geographic area who are interested in and can assist in the organization of ICCOPT VII.
- Attendance open to prospective participants from all nations.
- Availability of an attractive facility with a sufficient number of meeting rooms, standard lecture equipment, etc., preferably on a university campus.
- Availability of a sufficient supply of reasonably economical hotels and/or university dormitory rooms fairly near the meeting facility.
- Committee is interested in the most compelling proposal regardless of the continent.
Some characteristics of previous ICCOPT conferences:
- Past such conferences had between 200 and 500 participants.
- Plenary, semiplenary lectures, invited and contributed sessions,
poster session and poster competition.
- The length of the recent ICCOPT conferences ranged between 4 and 6 days.
- A 1 or 2-day long tutorial workshop for graduate students.
- Young Researchers Prize in Continuous Optimization.
- Program and Prize committees formed in consultation with the
- Social events, student's social, banquet.
- Reasonably low registration fee.
- No financial or administrative support from MOS.
- No proceedings of papers, no competitive selection of talks,
but only one presentation per paid participant.
Further information can be obtained from any member of the Steering Committee.
Submission deadline: 12:00 GMT, August 31, 2020 to the
Chair of the ICCOPT Steering Committee: Mikhail Solodov (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hosts of the candidate sites are encouraged to send an email as soon as possible
to the Committee Chair to indicate interest to submit a proposal.