The ICCOPT Steering Committee of the Mathematical Optimization Society (MOS):
is requesting proposals for organizing ICCOPT VIII, the 8th International
Conference on Continuous Optimization, which is scheduled to be held
in or around August 2025. Being the flagship conference of MOS in the
area of continuous optimization, ICCOPT is held every three years
at a site to be selected according to the criteria below. For
information about the four prior ones,
visit the websites:
- Mikhail Solodov - Chair (IMPA, Rio de Janeiro)
- Maryam Fazel (University of Washington)
- Benedetta Morini (Universita degli Studi di Firenze)
- Daniel Robinson (Lehigh University)
- Uday Shanbhag (Pennsylvania State University)
- Defeng Sun (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
The proposal for organizing ICCOPT VIII should include the candidate site and Organizing Committee. Selection criteria for the site are based on the following considerations:
- Existence of continuous-optimization researchers in the proposed geographic area who are interested in and can assist in the organization of ICCOPT VIII.
- Attendance open to prospective participants from all nations.
- Availability of an attractive facility with a sufficient number of meeting rooms, standard lecture equipment, etc., preferably on a university campus.
- Availability of a sufficient supply of reasonably economical hotels and/or university dormitory rooms fairly near the meeting facility.
- Committee is interested in the most compelling proposal regardless of the continent.
Some characteristics of previous ICCOPT conferences:
- The more recent such conferences usually had around 500-700 participants.
- Plenary, semiplenary lectures, invited and contributed sessions,
poster session and poster competition.
- The length of the recent ICCOPT conferences ranged between 4 and 6 days.
- A 1 or 2-day long tutorial workshop for graduate students.
- Young Researchers Prize in Continuous Optimization.
- Program and Prize committees formed in consultation with the
- Social events, student's social, banquet.
- Reasonably low registration fee.
- No financial or administrative support from MOS.
- No proceedings of papers, no competitive selection of talks,
but only one presentation per paid participant.
Further information can be obtained from any member of the Steering Committee.
Submission deadline: 12:00 GMT, December 15, 2022 to the
Chair of the ICCOPT Steering Committee: Mikhail Solodov (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hosts of the candidate sites are encouraged to send an email as soon as possible
to the Committee Chair to indicate interest to submit a proposal.